Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A FINISH!!

Well I did not ski as fast as I had hoped to today, ending up in 17th position, but I did ski two runs without crashing, on the same day, so a step in the right direction I suppose!?  The course was pretty gnarly especially after the jump where the set was super tight.  I skied rather conservatively in the first run, eking out 19th position after the first run.  I skied clean except for three penalties for not making the jump line.  It was near impossible to make the line, it was VERRYY far.  In the second run I went for a little more, but I paid for it, barely missing the jump line, then skiing one of the last gates before the wrap on the back third of my inside ski with my butt on the ground and the other ski in the air.  I managed to pull it together and finish the run with only that penalty, and still fast enough to land me 17th place.  Hopefully tomorrow on a longer GS course I can ski more aggressively and snag a higher position! I am bib 19, wish me luck!  Shane snagged a sweet 8th place, cole was 31st and maggie wrapped up 16th!  Lets see what we can get tomorrow, GET AFTER IT!

2 comments: