Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Training Day One


Today we had our first day of training in the fresh Bjorli snow!!! We got about a meter of snow here in Norway and to the runs in the course were insane!!! It was also really cold here, like 10 degrees. The first couple runs were okay, one run and slip, but as the day wore on the course got very bumpy. The run to the course was a mess too as one hundred ripping tele skiers shredded to the course, eventually everyone stopped trying to ski it and we just slid all the way down to it. I feel like I skied very well today. The piste isn't overly challenging, nor was it very hard. But it was just as fun. We were able to get a ride to the hill today! That was fantastic! But we still had to walk back, the Dane's brought all of our gear. The sky's were clear and I got some great shots of the beautiful hills of Norway! The sky's were finally clear after yesterdays snowstorm, and the mountains here are absolutely amazing. It is unbelievable how suddenly they rise from the flats. This truly is an amazing country. Today I ate lunch at the same table as reigning world cup overall champion, Eirik Rykhus, that was pretty cool, he doesn't say much, but I guess he lets his skiing do the talking. Tomorrow is the first race, a sprint classic, so will will be up early to be on the hill. I don't have any FIS points now so I will probably start at the very back, if not last. Hopefully I can get a few good runs under my belt so that I can raise my start position. Right now i am about to embark down to the wax room to work on my skis, its a mess down there, this photo was this-morning, and since then the Norwegians and French have arrived so the amount of skis in there has risen significantly! It is hard to find a time to work on your skis with all those people in there! Wish me luck tomorrow!!


7 comments:

  1. the mountains look nice, and its pretty cool that you had the opportuinity to eat lucnch next to a world champ.i just may need to get you autograph when you come back. i bet your gonna be famous one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bummed...got pictures but no words...tomorrow maybe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use that extra time (while you're waiting to get into the wax room) to work on your homework!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cory, this is interesting stuff. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of us are thinking of you with only good thoughts. I'm going to show Grace and Will your blog...they can start checking it out also! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stating this yet again, you are so lucky. The mountain looks absolutely incredible. How often are you waxing your skis there? How many people are you out there with?

    We got a little bit more snow over the past couple days, but nothing compared to what you're experiencing, but -20 was the temperature when I woke up over the weekend, or maybe sometime this week. I can't remember...drag...

    Btw, you best be getting me that autograph of the guy who lives under your bed. :P. Enjoy the rest of your time there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...Cory I think that you may be becomming famous. I can't believe you ate lunch next to a famous person. Good luck on the slopes and show that Patriot Pride!

    ReplyDelete