Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Jumping!!

Sigrid Rhykus invited us to do some jump training with her today in her hometown of Vinstra, a few kilometers north of Kvitfjell, on a 40m ski jump.  For me that was definetly the bigest jump that I have ever gone off of, in terms of ski jumps!  Its pretty crazy.  For people on heavy, skinny telemark skis, we were going around 30 meters, which is pretty big for a telemark jump!  It was good to do some real jump training.  I worked on fully extending and really pushing off, as well as getting my timing perfect so that I am not pre-jumping and getting maximum air time off the jump.  Felt good!  This afternoon I got to finally take a few runs on my NEW SKIS!!  They are pretty much identical in shape, radius, and stiffness, the only difference being that they are much lighter, and a little softer due to the new plate I used.  It is actually made for the NTN binding so it doesn't require the mounting plate underneath, and it hollowed out underneath to save weight, pretty awesome!  I feel really good on them, so we shall see how I ski on 'em tomorrow in training on the national slope!

1 comment:

  1. Are these the new boards? It looks like the image is inverted...

    ReplyDelete