Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

2011 Nationals!!

Its been a wild ride here in the 'Boat!  The first race, the sprint classic could not have gone better!  No penalties and fast skiing led to a victory for yours truly on the opening race, after laying down the fastest second run!  The Dual Pro Slalom, in which I was the defending champion, led to a third place finish.  The elimination style knockout rounds were just a bit too much skiing for me.  The classic was my worst race of the series, a 4th place finish was less than ideal, but still okay.  I skied fast, but little mistakes on the pitch of see me led to one penalty and the second fastest time, annnnnd 4th place.  Today was the final race of the series, and the season, and although it did not end up as I had hoped, it was still a good day!  I laid down the fastest first run, no penalties, but I pulled a little slide on the snow one ski in the air one ski carving action, which is definitely not fast, and also earned me a nice little penalty, and a sub-par second run, as in not smooth, but clean, led to a second place finish by a measly .12 seconds, with a penalty.  So it could have been a win instead of a second place, but if I took away the penalty it would have been a dnf....so I am happy with the results, but not satisfied.  But if  you are ever satisfied with the results how are you ever going to get better!  2012 here we come!!

2 comments:

  1. Cory! Congratualtions for satying the course with a truly respectable finish! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on home, Cory! You've done an amazing job. We're all very proud of you. Tonight you sleep in your own bed!

    ReplyDelete