Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Still snowing in Kvitfjell

I got to Kvitfjell on Wednesday night...it was snowing.  I woke up on thursday morning, still snowing.  We skied all day, and it snowed all day.  I wake up this morning...and you guessed it...still snowing.  Since I have been here....it has literally snowed the entire time, non-stop.   It really hasn't amounted to much though, the snow is sooo light.  Its like skiing through dish-soap bubbles.  Bu it is good to be on snow!  I am now the proud owner of a Norwegian seasons pass!   I am going to be here long enough that I just bought one...pretty sweet!!   We don't start training until next week, when Shane gets here, so for now we are just enjoying the free-skiing! That also gives me plenty of time to sort out my ski situation.  I just appoxied my top-sheet back onto the base of my ski so we will find out how well that worked, but it was worse than I thought, the screws looked like they were pulling out too, which is noott good, so we will soon find out if my repairs are going to work, or if I am in the clear and they are ready to race!

6 comments:

  1. Is your Christmas fix-it kit coming in handy? Norge!!!! mcs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its cool that "Kvitfjell" is Norwegian for "white mountain."

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh right epoxy....and MIke...the fix-it kit got put to good use long ago...speed-suit, gloves, other bindings...so many things to fix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all that epoxy-sewing-repair practice you'll be able to open your own ski re-hab business on the side, in case you need funds to buy new skis! Hey, congratulations for making honors at UNH! I just read it in the Caledonian-Record as I was catching up on back issues. Have fun in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well shows you how much I know, your the first to tell me! yeehaaww!!

    ReplyDelete