Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Rottefella!!

I got to go to the one and only Rottefella factory in  Drammen, Norway!  I was shocked to see how small it is!  Only seventy people work for Rottefella! The building is really not that big, but they can really churn out a lot of product!!  We got the full tour of all of their production, assembly, everything except product development...not sure why, but I can probably guess!  They also left us will a shopping bag FULL of ski straps...most of them for the two danish boys, but even them with all their skis could never use all of them...I think there are probably fifty pairs!!  All in all a very cool experience to see how all of our bindings are made, and to meet the people who make it happen over there!  Right now I am staying at Sara Guribye's house in Oslo!  She was an exchange student in Littleton last year, and her family was nice enough to let me spend the night at there house on my way to Kvitfjell!  Tomorrow I will take the train up north and we commence the training!!

4 comments:

  1. How interesting! Did they let you take pictures? Do they make any products there that you didn't know about, maybe marketed only outside the US?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pictures...pretty sure I lost my camera charger, and skiing powder ruined the camera on my phone :( any chance you could bring on of the extra chargers with you? The man gave the danish team a whole bunch of the risers for the NTN that you can't buy...period! But he was saying that they might be available for retail purchase soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we can. What does it look like and where do we look?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great connections, Cory! Happy training -- both the rails to destination and the course to race on!

    ReplyDelete