Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Dual Prooo Slalom!

Today was definitely a highlight of the trip for me! It definitely did not seem that way when it began, but it sure did turn itself around. When we got to the hill today for the race and upon checking the start list, I discovered that I was paired with Shane Anderson. For those of you who don't know who Shane his, he won the three races at nationals, and he also has two world cup podium's. So I was at least a little nervous. As it turns out, racing against Shane was the best thing that could have happened. In the first run, I actually beat him, in time! Although as it turns out one course I skied was faster, but still I beat him. The second run, I didn't beat him. However my second run time was faster than his first run time, and My first run time was faster than his second run time. SOOO, when the race was over I was in the leadd!!! However I had to wait for FOUR HOURS before the results came out. They went like this "In sixth place, Jack Long, in a tie for fourth place, Jeffery Gay and David Hobbs, and in third place Charlie Dresen, in second place, Shane Anderson (by this point I was freaking out!) and your winner, CORY SNYDER!!!!" I won, how crazy is that, no penalties for the top 4, I was legitimately faster than everybody. I am incredibly psyched!!! Right now its off to bed before our early flight tomorrow!! WOOOOHHHHOOOOOO

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Cory! You've got what it takes! Have a great trip home, we're all looking forward to hearing more about it!

    ReplyDelete