Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

UM visit/WHITEFISH!

UM made a pretty big leap up my college list today...The campus reminds me of UVM minus the environmental friendliness. I took a tour of the Health and Human Performance lab's and did the usual admissions meeting/tour. It was very cool to see the HHP lab spaces and what machinery they have available right there on campus. It looks like they do some pretty cool stuff there. They had an altitude chamber, a heat, chamber, a water scale, and assorted pieces of machinery measuring power output and other such statistics. The campus as a whole is pretty big, but at the same time the buildings are close and the campus screamed "SINGLE SPEED BIKE" to me. The whole city of Missoula has bike lanes built into the street and from the notes I was able to take it looked like there is never a shortage of things to do out there! Its pretty late so I don't want to talk too much, but I had to blab about how much I loved that campus. I definitely want to visit another school and their lab to compare but UM looks pretty good right about now! So goodbye from the "fish" and we will talk tomorrow after the TELEMARK GIANT SLALOM!

1 comment: