Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Train....

Well here I am on a train from Bjorli to Rjukan. Our first train is from Bjorli to Lillehammer, that is the one I am on right now. In Lillehammer we will switch onto a new train from Lillehammer to Oslo Center. In Oslo we will, find an ATM because I have about 24.50kr left, or about $4. We have had to spend our money on larger expenses because our credit cards don’t work in some places. It’s screwed up. So first we find an ATM. Then we need to catch a bus to Rjukan, our final destination. Our train ride should be around 5 hours, and we are exactly 2 hours in right now (when I am righting is different from when I am posting, there is no internet on the train). Then our bus ride should be about 4 hours. I think that we should get into Rjukan around 7 or 8 tonight, if everything goes according to plan. I hope it does, I’m not sure I can take more than 9 hours sitting on my but. The train ride isn’t so bad. Norway is an amazing country, we just passed the Kjitfell downhill site, it was insane. IT looked like a cliff with snow on it and like seven or eight layers of B netting; scary. I will stick to telemark, no downhill for me! I almost forgot how incredibly boring travel is. I can hardly believe how tired I already am at 10:30 in the morning. I think I am going to take a nap now, it sounds very pleasing after working on French for the last 2 hours!

8 comments:

  1. train ride sounds pretty uninteresting, but the scenery sound cool. its so cool that you are able to have this experience. keep up the good work. lav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cory, I had to sit on my butt for 12 hours to make it to Spain...don't even start...I only wish that I could sit on my butt for 9 hours. Sorry to hear about the credit card...that sucks! Just hang on to your credit card and passport. Speaking from expierence here...keep a very close eye on them! Can't wait to see you! BTW that video your mom posted on facebook was amazing. I don't know where she got it from, but maybe you could show it to the class, when you return?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try to get some rest on those travel days. Stay healthy and energized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cory!
    It's a bummer that the train ride is so long, thats rough. I hope everything goes according to plan, because I know that you have trouble doing nothing for long periods of time. haha. Good luck! represent :)
    Maggieee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a brilliant idea, during the 9 hours of sitting on your but....do your homework! Its just a thought. Anyways, I bet the traveling is worth it because of the amaizing scenery and cultural experience you are undertaking. See you sooooon! -Rachy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, after I posted that we had some for, how do you say, fun, when we finally made it to Rjukan. I will show you some photos in a slideshow when I come back, but to get to Gaustattoppen, the place we are staying and skiing, you have to basically drive up a cliff, that was fun, then we got dropped off at the bottom of a hill with all of your stuff and a box of sheets and the driver said, your's is somewhere up there.....needless to say the next hour was spent walking around in knee deep snow trying to find our condo...and thats the abbreviated version. In norway, the say life is an adventure, and they sure do live that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Rachel; I didn't scan all those stats and French pages for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a feeling that Rjukan would be a very different experience from Bjorli. It's not only that it is farther south in the country, but apparently it is not so desolate! There are many more photos on Google Earth, which implies that more people visit there and take pictures. I hope you have a great race tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete