Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Th last couple days!

So I am very sorry about not being able to update my blog, the internet has been, shall I say difficult.....But the last couple of days have been kind of rough anyways. The GS on monday was good, 14th place. I was very comfortable on the GS hill at Steamboat and I already miss it. The drive from Steamboat to Keystone was amazing. The mountains were clear and prominent as ever. Our lodging here in Silverthorne is somewhat less than ideal. There are group showers, smelly rooms, with 8 guys. The last three races have been a little ugly. On Tuesday I sort slid out in the Sprint Classic on Howelsen Hill, lost a lot of time but still ended up in the top 20. Yesterday I only made it through 12 gates in the classic. I got kicked back off the jump and landed on my butt...not so fun. Today I made it all the way down, I felt fast but my time did not show it. I did lose some time off the jump doing a little "powder skiing." There was one steep pitch and when I was skiing it I had a very high line but I did not take the gates tight enough so I ended up skiing a lot longer line than all of the other competitors. The skate just felt slow. I training between 400-600 meters, the skate at the finish of the classic today was a little over 3300 meters. I was gassed, and that was after of skiing around 431 meters downhill.....it was crazy. I am excited for tomorrow, we have a GS, in the last one I made the flip 15 so I am stoked to try and put down two solid runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment