Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Classic take 2!

Here I am in Oslo Norway! Yesterday was a pretty crazy day! It all began with the classic....It was an epic course, almost the same gates as the GS two day earlier, except the finish was a little different, okay a lot different. After coming over the jump, we skied over the last roll the same, however four gates after that we went into this tiny little wrap. The thing was tight, a few people got squashed in it! When you came out of the wrap you went into the skate section. We crossed the hill then went up the next trail over for about 30 feet, then turned around and came back down around behind the finish line, up a hill and around a corner to the finish. It was pretty hilly and pretty turny. Not as long as I would have liked, but still an appropriate length for a classic.I skied the top section well, no problems, however when I reached the jump I hit a patch that had not been slipped wide enough and lost a ton of speed. I know it wasn't slipped wide enough because a lot of other people had the same problem that I did! So I didn't even come close to the jump line, well about a meter away.... oh well I know what I need to do to make jump lines, and it's all in the head! So after the classic almost immediately after we caught a bus down into the valley where, since we were the only ones on it, we got a free taxi service all around Rjukan! Then we caught a series of busses back to Oslo where a room mate of Roy's picked us up! He took us to see the Holmenkollen jump, it is under construction but the actuall jump is done. That thing is insane, it is enormous! it's the biggest hill I have ever seen, it's huge...We went back to his house, ate a delicious dinner and listened to them talk about the "good ole' days".....what a fun time. My flight leaves at 2 this afternoon and I should be home by 9! WOOOOOHOOO!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a day; can't wait to hear more about it!

    You can see the Holmenkollen jump on Google earth...pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete