Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

CHAMONIX!

We have been in and out of good internet and the last three days have been crazy, but We are all happy mostly after the three races here in france.  We have had unreal weather here, warm and sunny everyday, but the racing has not been quite so good.  Madi and I both struggled a bit in the classic, 13th, and 16th respectively.  Mediocre skiing, and good skating, on a perfect course. Sad day though as Shane our north of the border friend went down with a reoccurring ankle injury.  Hopefully a speedy recovery for him.  Last night was the night sprint here in Chamonix.  Madi skied well, but had some trouble with the slippery snow conditions.  I was really slow in the first run, 20th, but some good strategy and SUPER HIGH intensity in the second run bumped me up to 12th.  Today we raced a sprint just across the mountains at Les Contamines, where madi shredded her way to 7th on an absolutely banner day, I on the other hand, had some trouble finding speed and wound up in 17th...such is life! Tomorrow we travel to spain to meet the rest of the US team!!



I am making a few changes in my boot to give me a more aggressive stance, I played around with some things in the second run to see what felt good, and I really liked it, so lets see what I can do!

2 comments:

  1. Cory,

    We (Mike and I) have been following along with your posts. What an amazing experience you are embarking on. Thinking of you and sending lots of encouragement and positive thoughts your way. Your dedication, determination and ability to rise above obstacles makes you a champion to us. Way to go and good luck in your next race!
    Lori & Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. the angle of my leg going into my boot!

    ReplyDelete