Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

A weird feeling

Today was a good day, a bad good day, probably the worst great day I've ever had.  (hows that for an oxymoron).  I finished today in 8th position, by personal best (great day), but my skiing, or at least how I felt my skiing, was terrible!  I didn't make any glaring mistakes, but I just make lots of little ones.  For example struggling off the jump (compared to the rest of the field I apparently aced it, but it felt pretty bad)  and 4 gate penalties.  However, I think that everybody else felt the same way.  Steamboat has had about a foot of heavy wet snow in the last couple days and we had about 4 inches to slip off this morning, so the conditions were not exactly easy.  I think the winners today were the people who struggled the least!  So I'll take it, and tomorrow, I'll get right back at it, wearing bib #5 which I have drawn in each and every classic thus far, talk about consistency!

And speaking of the winners, huge congratulations to Steamboats own Madi McKinstry who absolutely crushed it for her first world cup podium today in 3rd position!  That makes it a great day!

Hopefully I can match or better her results tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment