Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rjukan Sprint

Finally I've broken out of my 11th place rut!  I skied well today, not great, but well, and penalty free for two full runs, resulting in a 9th place finish in todays sprint!  I wasn't really impressed with the way I skied, other than the fact that I was penalty free, but I am excited about the fact that I finally had two good runs on a hill that has absolutely killed me in past years.  In the three years that I have come to Rjukan I have never once had a race better than 22nd on this sprint hill!  Of course I did have my previous best finish here last season in the now obsolete  GS, but that was on a totally different hill!  It feels really good to have a good race on a hill that has always bested me in the past.

Today was nice, but tomorrow we run the FIRST EVER WORLD CUP PARALLEL SPRINT!  It will be historic, and I would be lying if I said that winning tomorrow, being the first ever world cup, would be much much more special than any other win this season...I am going to go get after it, you never know what I will come up with!

1 comment: