Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

back again!

Its been far too long since my last post in here, about 2 weeks to be specific, but these have not been the best two weeks ever.  As far as the last part of Steamboat world cups are concerned, I crashed in the classic, had a decent sprint result, 11th, got eliminated in the second round in the parallel, and had two very poor runs for a 17th in the final sprint.  Not completely horrible, but obviously not the results I was looking for on home turf.  Good news is I know I made mistakes here and there, and I know how to fix them.  Only I haven't really had the chance, last week it pretty much dumped all week and I had epic pow day after epic pow day.  Including on 30+ inch dump last monday that was pretty much mind blowing.

This past weekend we trucked over Alta, Utah for some regional races, the first of which was the second worst conditions I have ever races in, dumping snow and 50+mph winds.  It was more a contest of who got the least amount of wind, which I did not, so 3rd in the first race.  The second day I skied pretty fast, but 1 measly penalty somewhere left me in 2nd place on the day.  The course was really flat and easy so there was not much room for me to distance myself enough to have wiggle room, so that sucks but thats life.  On the bright side two awesome days of free skiing at Alta were well worth the drive.  That is probably my favorite place to ski of all the places I've skied in my life, pretty epic.

I have one week before I depart for Chamonix and the next set of world cups, so its time to put the fat skis away and get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment