Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kvitfjell day one!!


We had fun in the snow today,  as it snowed all day today, as it has the last 4 days here in Kvitfjell.  Madi ran 8th and she ran into some equipment trouble as her goggles completely iced over as she left the start, so she struggled a bit with knowing where she was on the long sprint course.  She also took a little spill in the wrap, also probably due the fact that she looked a bit like a blind person (weird huh) as she skied in.  However she had a strong second run but was not able to gain much ground for a 10th place finish.  I had a pretty decent day racing on a hill I spent a long time skiing on last winter.  First run I laid down a solid run, and was able to jump into twelfth place.  I was much more comfortable in the second run, and made up more time to finish in 11th position.  I did end up with 7 total gate penalties, I know I had two in the second run, including a big fat alpine turn after the jump, I  went a little too far for once!  Tomorrow Madi and I will try to clean up our skiing and lay down some sweet runs.  She starts #3 and I start number #5!!  Finally my classic points are good enough to break into the top 15!!  Rock and roll!!

1 comment: