Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bohinj...and believe it or not...racing

We are here in Bohinj, Slovenia, where there is...no snow, but yes believe it or not we are racing.  We were not able to race in Rauris where we had too much snow, and here where we have almost no snow we are racing.  Literally as soon as you leave the race piste you are on dirt.  The skate section is about 2 meters from edge of where the snow ends, on a corn field.  I'm talking there are corn stalks sticking up as soon as the snow ends.  Its pretty wild.  It is below freezing, mostly, but there is just no snow.  So we are racing on this little tiny ski trail.  I'll try to post a photo soon, but the internet is pretty sketchy here.  Its a wild world out here.  Anyhow the racing by me was terrible.  I did not ski well in the first run at all, call it nerves whatever you want, but it was terrible.  I stepped it up for the second run and skied mostly better.  We will see tomorrow if I can step up the game.  Phillipe Lau laid down two killer runs to absolutely smoke the competition.  I don't think anybody can catch him right now!  I'll do my best to tomorrow, bib 19!!

No comments:

Post a Comment