Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Kvitfjell Classic!

A day late, but better late than never!  Kvitfjell was once again pretty good to me on a gorgeous Norway day, with a nice sun, and temps down around zero, the Norwegian coach set a brutal classic, around 45 gates, plus a nice roll track, and a brutal minute long skate section, I laid down a pretty decent run, good enough for eleventh position, despite breaking my pole very early in the run.  Kudos to my teammate Madi Mckinstry for an expert pole handoff.  I did not make the jump  line, once again by inches, but I am still very satisfied with my result.  Not only were these two races in Kvitfjell two of my best result, but they came in different disciplines, on runs that I did not feel were my best skiing.  I am looking forward two these next set of races here in Rjukan, hopefully I can clean everything up and really lay down some killer runs to have some good results here and improve my standings to give myself the best chance of kicking butt when we go to the good ole USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment